Thanks Jan, for always making me sound so intelligent. This chapter is for Shar. Hugs sweets.
Chapter 11
Marissa sat on the couch; listening to the interview. Emotions flitted across her face; it was hard to tell how she was taking it. Chrys worked on her upcoming article for the magazine. She had just written the last paragraph, when she heard the tape recorder click to a stop. Looking up, she could see that Marissa seemed to be deep in thought. Instead of questioning her, Chrys continued to work, waiting for Marissa to be the first one to break the silence.
“Do you believe him? Do you think he was telling the truth?”
Chrys sighed and slipped her glasses off, rubbed her eyes and slid them back on.
“He was sincere. I believed him. He really wants to talk to you. But that’s up to you. If you really want to, you can come with me to Ireland and think things over. I’ll be leaving at the end of the month. What do you say?”
Marissa looked torn between running away and confronting Remy. With a heavy sigh, she shook her head. “I need to work this out on my own. No running and I need to break things off with Ben too. It’s not fair to him that I’m conflicted when he wants more.”
Chrys nodded. “I’ll stay here while you make the call.”
Marissa smiled and turned to dial the phone.
* * * * *
Ben didn’t appear to be surprised by Marissa’s admission and request to break up. He seemed relieved. He told her he had suspected that she wasn’t over Remy, but he understood her decision. Her choice to be with Remy was fine, as long as he didn’t mistreat her. Ben, ever gracious, wished her luck and told her to keep in touch. Marissa hung up the phone and looked over at her cousin, who was checking her email.
Chrys looked up. “What?”
Marissa smiled. “Thank you. I don’t want to run, but with the tour ended, I need time to consider my options. Is your offer still open?”
Chrys smiled. “Sure is. We leave at the end of the month. Be prepared to be smothered with love when we get there. The Kelly family are tight knit and very affectionate. You might never want to leave.” Chrys said with a laugh.
Marissa smiled. “It’s just where I want to be, to reflect and consider everything.”
By the time Chrys left it was well after four in the morning. She stood in the driveway, stretching and rolling the muscles in her shoulders. She wasn’t tired. She was too excited. Her interview with Remy was over. She had just finished Marissa’s counterpoint rebuttal. Now she just needed to correct and send it off to her editor. Soon, she would be home in Ireland with Grammy and Grandpa, all her Uncles, Aunts, and Cousins. She could practically smell the whisky and tobacco on Grandpa’s breath.
She couldn’t wait to go Home. She was about to open the door to her Mustang when her cell phone rang.
“Hello?”
“Hello my beautiful butterfly, guess what?”
Chrys laughed. Only Vasili Nikolai would refer to her in that way.
“I’m afraid to ask.”
His husky laugh filtered through the phone.
“I’m going to tell you anyway, even though you’re mean. I’m in town, visiting some family. I would like to take you and my brothers out to lunch. Say you’ll be there. Pleeeaaassseee.”
She giggled. “Your charm has won me over. Where and when?”
“The Retro Restaurant at 1:30. Be there with bells on!”
She shook her head. “You are such a twit Vasya, see you later.”
* * * * *
Chrys walked into The Retro Restaurant, feeling eager to see her old friend. She had met Vasya in London a few years back, on one of her trips to the capital. She looked around until she spotted Vasya’s blond head, above the crowd. His golden locks were slightly waved and a bit longer than fashionable. She watched him brush back some hair and decided to wait and see if he noticed her.
Vasya looked in her direction and grinned. He walked toward her; his silver eyes twinkled with mischief. His arms opened and she walked into them, giving him a hug. She wasn’t normally that demonstrative, but to her close friends she was affectionate. She gave him a squeeze and stood back, admiring his suit. The jacket was a golden color, accompanied by a silk cream shirt and golden slacks. Looking around, she realized how out of place he was, everyone else was wearing jeans.
“Come along luv, my brothers are dying to meet you. Now just remember, we met in London. It was love at first sight, but sadly it was not meant to be, because your family hates me. You know British and all. They forbade us from getting married and we couldn’t elope, because I was still married at the time. So, here we are. I’ve traveled all this way to rekindle our love and pray that you’ll take me back. Got all that? Good.”
Chrys could only laugh at Vasya’s silliness and followed him to his table. She stopped short when she saw Kaos. Vasya was pulled back when he tried to move forward. He was related to Kaos! What the hell? She took a deep breath and let it out. Vasya watched her curiously.
“What’s the matter luv? Overwhelmed by my manliness? Please don’t tell me it’s Kaos. Why do I always lose women to him?” He sighed heavily, but she could tell he was just being dramatic.
“Nothing. Just shocked, that’s all. You know I did a review for a concert of theirs a few years ago. It wasn’t good. I just don’t want to deal with the backlash.”
“Oh well, don’t worry. Wait here, I’ll ask Kaos to be on his best behavior okay?”
She nodded and watched Vasya walk back to the table. He leaned down and spoke . Kaos looked up and over in her direction; his eyes narrowed. Chrys felt the strength being sapped from her limbs. Crap! Heat rose within her body.
Kaos’ own body mirrored her physical reaction. His cock harden and lengthen in his jeans. This time he wasn’t going to let her get away, no way!
Chrys remembered the way his mouth felt against hers and could taste the beer and spices from that night. Her panties became moist and she was finding it hard to breathe. Great, how was she going to get through lunch feeling like this? She took a deep breath and marched over to the table. She was about to say ‘hello’ when Kaos spoke first, cutting her off.
“Well if it isn’t Chrysalis Kelly. It’s a pleasure to meet the Queen Bitch.”
Chrys’ eyes darkened and narrowed, as anger erupted through her body. How dare he! She was ready for a verbal brawl, if he was.
Vasya blanched. “Kaos!”
Kaos smiled, but his eyes exuded an aggressive gleam. He was not going to let her run away, not this time.
Roar turned to Chrys. “He’s been sick these last few days. He’s not in his right mind. I apologize for my brother’s idiocy.”
Kaos didn’t bother looking over at Roar. “Ignore him. I believe you were going to speak to me.” He raised an eyebrow, inviting her to say something.
“Please darling, he didn’t mean it. Like Roar said, he’s sick.” Vasili interjected.
She ignored Vasya. “I’m surprised you’re even up right now. Shouldn’t you still be asleep after getting drunk and having a massive orgy with all your groupies? Or has old age caught up to you and you can’t get it up like you use to?”
Kaos threw back his head and laughed. “Is that the best you’ve got? I thought the Queen Bitch had better comebacks than that!”
Chyrs growled. He was right and she hated it. Where were her infamous acidic put-downs? She remembered watching Marissa sob over Remy and got angry. She drew on it like a protective shield. Gamesmanship hadn’t stopped Remy from hurting her cousin.
“Fine, I was trying to be nice, since you’re Vasya’s brother.”
He didn’t seem to like that statement at all, which made her very happy. She drew from her well of knowledge and came up with one sore topic that she knew would shut him up. She smiled evilly.
“So, tell me Kaos, how does it feel to have Rachel Desi tell the world about your sex life?”
Remy hadn’t been the only one who had been tattled on. Rachel Desi, Kaos’ recent ex, just sold an interview to Riffs Magazine, detailing her relationship with him. Chrys found out from her source at the magazine and decided to nail him with it.
Kaos turned red, his eyes narrowing. “That is a low blow. You are playing a very dangerous game here.”
She shrugged. “You wanted bitchy. I’ll give you bitchy. How about your shitty performance, not long after Rachel left you. She caught you in bed with…. what was it? Oh yeah, three of your groupies at once. I guess someone should have told her, you only go for the current flavor of the week. You couldn’t settle down to save your life. I guess you and Remy have more in common than I thought. Both of you can’t keep it in your pants. Why is that?”
“I mean come on man, show some self control once in awhile. By the way, do you really think you’re the second coming of B.B. King? Coz sorry to burst your bubble… you’re good, but you aren’t even in B.B’s league on his worst day! How does it feel to know that your shitty guitar playing was the most downloaded live act on MusicViewer? Getting caught isn’t an excuse for giving the fans a half assed performance you know!”
Kaos shook with rage. How dare she bring up Rachel and how dare she insult his guitar playing. The urge to say something just as damning and hurtful rode him.
“Well, aren’t we Miss Information. It must be really lonely in your world. What, mommy never loved you or perhaps daddy ignored you? You like to rip into other people…. why is that? Your vibrator must be getting one helluva workout because I’m pretty sure that attitude of yours isn’t getting you laid.” Spat Kaos.
“Why is everything about sex with you? Why don’t you shock us all and actually read a book. I hear See Spot Run is still in the library. Why don’t you check that out? You know; something easy; you’ll like the pictures, really colorful. You and Remy can get together and help each other sound out the words.”
“Wow, they must be lining up around the block. Tell me did Medusa hate it when she had to give the ugly crown to you? ‘Coz the ugly streak is really showing!" Kaos parried.
“Try again, Tarzan. Tell me exactly how you walk upright with that massive ego. I doubt your head can fit through the door. It’s too damn inflated. Do us all a favor and take a lesson from your modelling gigs; you know just stand there and look pretty. No one wants to hear what you have to say anyway.”
“You do.”
“Ha! The only thing I want to hear is you playing the guitar. That’s it. Let’s see if you can continue playing as well you did on the last album. Can you even replicate that performance or improve upon it? I doubt it.”
Kaos was about to say something, when a man came up behind Chrysalis, grabbed her arm and yanked her back. He stood up, prepared to intervene. He was pissed at her, but she didn’t deserve to be manhandled.
She whirled around. “Hey, what’s the big idea . . . Dad?”
Saturday, December 16, 2006
A Taste of Kaos Chapter 11
Posted by
Nicole
at
7:56 AM(c)2010 D.I.G., All Rights Reserved
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment